January 16, 2012

Friday Night Baking

I spent my Friday evening glued to the computer browsing the newest blog I have stumbled upon called Get Off Your Butt and Bake!. I am completely smitten by all of the delicious dessert recipes and the pictures are just gorgeous! When I start looking through a few pages of a blog I am interested in I just have to see every page (she has 162 pages). I guess the OCD kicks in and I don't want to miss out on anything!

More than a few caught my eye that I decided to print off and one that I just had to bake that night were these these fabulous Turtle Bars.



TURTLE BARS
From: Jonna at Get Off Your Butt and Bake!
"INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 CUPS FLOUR
1 1/2 CUPS QUICK OATMEAL
1/4 TSP. SALT
1/2 TSP SODA
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 CUP BUTTER OR MARG. MELTED
1 PKG. 8 OZ. CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1 JAR 12-oz. CARAMEL SYRUP
1 CUP CHOPPED PECANS, ALMONDS or other – optional
DIRECTIONS:
Notes: Line your glass 9×13 ” pan with parchment paper, to make the bars easy to remove and even easier to cut.
(If you’re not using parchment paper) When they first come out of the oven, take a knife around the sides of your pan, then they will be much easier to cut and remove.
Combine 1st – 6 ingredients until well blended. Press half of the mixture in a 9×13″ pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Spread over the crust; chocolate chips & nuts. Drizzle the caramel syrup over the top. Sprinkle with the other half of crumb mixture. Bake 15 to minutes more, or until golden brown."

They were so easy to make and absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try more of her recipes!
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment